When I first built this website over ten years ago there was only one way to build it- Using an HTML template and a Web Editor,
A good knowledge of HTML, basic web design, and a web page editor like Dreamweaver or FrontPage were essential.
Today the changing technology has made building your own website much easier. There is no need to:
- Become a web designer
- Purchase expensive software
- Become an HTML or PHP guru
Why Build Your Own Site?
The main reasons are
- Cost – much cheaper than using a designer
- You have complete control of the site
- You can make changes quickly and easily
- It is a useful skill to learn and can be enjoyable
However there are also certain problems with building it yourself that you need to be aware of
- It involves time and effort and
- You must be willing to learn new skills.
- It may take longer to get the site looking the way you want it.
- It may not look as good as a site from a professional designer.
If you still want to learn how, then Join me, and discover how to:
- Create your own professional looking website from scratch, and at a fraction of the price you would pay for a simple site from a web designer.
- Get your site in to the search engines and how you to do basic SEO.
- Upgrade and Maintain your site.
Have a question? Want to request a tutorial ! Then just ask and I will do my best to answer as quickly and accurately as possible.