Install scripts make it very easy to install WordPress.
Before you start the install script you need first to decide
- Your site name
- Admin user name and password
- contact email address
For 1and1 scripted installs are installed in a sub folder of a special folder called clickandbuilds.
The sub folder name is the sitename used in the install.
Scripted Install on 1and1 Hosting
Note: you should be aware that 1and1 may have changed certain steps in the install procedure since these instructions were created.
- Go to the 1and1 website www.1and1.co.uk
- Login to your account control panel
- Under the hosting section locate the 1and1 App centre
- Select WordPress form the Applications.
- Enter your site name
- Choose and enter an Admin User name and Password.
- Select between managed and standard ( I use standard)
- Choose the Domain name for the install from the drop down list.
- The install takes place
- A summary screen is shown.Notice the install directory and the site access links.
- With this type of installation you don’t need to download the WordPress files, and then upload them to your hosting space as it is all taken care of by the script.
- The Scripts can also be used for removing a WordPress installation
- The contact email address must be valid as this is how you will recover if you forget the password.
Related Articles and Resources:
- Cancel Extended PHP 5.2 Support-1and1
- How to do a Manual WordPress Install
- Setting up WordPress
- Video associate folder with domain name on 1and1
- Video- uploading files to 1and hosting using FTP