Out of the box WordPress isn’t particularly Search engine friendly, but fortunately it is a relatively easy problem to fix by following some basic SEO practices.
Basic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) requires that:
- All Pages have unique titles
- All Pages have a unique meta description tag
- All Pages have a unique meta keywords tag
- All pages have meaningful page names.
- All Pages have at least one incoming link (internal or external) so that the search engines can find them.
A basic understanding of how search engines work and what they are looking for is necessary to successfully optimize your own website.
In this article I will try to explain in simple terms.
- How search engines find your website
- What a search engine spider does
- Why search engines return different results i.e. why are Bing results different From Google results.
Many website owners/designers make very basic mistakes with their website that make it more difficult for search engines to find them, and to know what they are about.
Although SEO (search Engine Optimization) can get very involved, creating a search engine friendly site is very simple, and is usually all that most small business websites need to rank well in the search engines. Continue reading
Links between websites are a fundamental part of the web. In fact links are what makes the web a web.
How your website is linked, what sites link to it and what
sites it links to is important from a search engine perspective, and a traffic perspective. Continue reading
Having a website isn’t usually really of any use unless you can attract visitors.
Existing offline businesses will be familiar with the need to promote/market their business, and with the offline methods that are available.
Having a business website opens up new ways to promote your business by using the Internet. Continue reading
To get found on the Internet you need to be listed in the Major Search engines –Google, Microsoft Bing, and Yahoo.
There are two ways of getting your site into the search engine index.
They are: Continue reading